Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Melissa: OOTD | June 23rd

Blazer | H&M (39.99$ CAD)
Oversized Scoop Back Fringe Mini in Black | American Apparel (48.00$ CAD)
Disco Pants in Black | American Apparel (92.00$ CAD)
Kainoa boots in Snowy | Aldo (54.98$)

Today was attempt #3 at finding a job, (if you got a job opening, gimme a call =D) and for this job hunt I decided to go in all black with white focus pieces.

I wore an oversized fringe shirt from American Apparel under a loose white blazer, which I rolled up the sleeves for. For the fringe shirt, those who own it know that it's incredibly hard to wear as the neck is huge and it always falls off or leaves the front wide open, unless you are comfortable wearing an ultra-off-the-shoulder shirt. I discovered that it is much easier and nicer to wear it backwards! Instead of putting your head through the larger opening, try wearing it as a halter and putting your head through the smaller opening. It's almost impossible for it to slip off and if you play around with the sleeves, you can get a stylish "exposing of the shoulder"! Try it out and let me know how it goes!

For pants, I wore my favorite Disco Pants from American Apparel. Very pricey piece but it acts as a staple to my wardrobe as it's one of the only black pants I own. It fits me very nicely and looks amazing when you tuck in a loose fitting shirt. I almost always mix up my loose pieces with my tight pieces to add some variety to my outfit.

Lastly, I topped (or bottomed! [PUNNY!]) my outfit with pair of white military-style boots. I zipped up the boots only half way so that it looked a little more sloppy and not perfectly clinging to my leg. I like the loose, 'whatever' look vs the clean look with these boots.


PS: Sorry about the blue-toned pictures, it was ultra cloudy today!

Until next time, 
<3 Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment