Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

Macadamia Hair Mask


I recently purchased the Macadamia Hair Mask after hearing much buzz around the internet community about this product. My hair has been through a long history of abuse: perm, bleach, coloring, sometimes all at once. I blow dry daily and flat iron daily; hence, I figured I could use a deep conditioning mask for my hair. I bought this at flatironexperts.com for $27.99.  If you enter the discount code "thanks" at checkout, you receive 10% off your entire order!! I received it 5 days after placing the order because they are located in Vancouver => Canadian customers don't pay extra duty, but they do have to pay the 5% GST sales tax.

Moisturizing properties: 7/10
I used it in the shower after washing my hair. I left it on for about 7 minutes as indicated by the instructions. The consistency of this product is a very thick paste, so I knew it was very moisturizing. A dime size bit of product is enough to cover the ends of my hair. My hair felt very soft afterwards.

Smell: 9/10
This stuff smells amazing! It has a floral fresh scent that does last even after you rinse it off. I cannot stop smelling my hair afterwards loll

Shine: 0/10
This is where the product really let me down because I expected it to render my hair shiny and healthy looking...and it did absolutely to make it shine. My hair looked very dead and flat despite being very soft to touch.

Overall, I will not repurchase this product because it is overpriced and doesn't give me shiny hair. After I finish this huge tub, I will go back to my $7.99 Head&Shoulder conditioner, which in my opinion does a much better job at moisturizing without weighting my hair down and giving me that shine that I'm looking for.

[Pictures to come tomorrow ^^ ]

No comments:

Post a Comment